How To Merge 2 Accounts QuickBooks Desktop
QuickBooks is one of the best accounting software which is developed by Intuit. In short period of time, it is considered to be one of the most used book-keeping solutions because of its user-friendly interface. It has many enhanced features and add-ons. You also have an option to merge two accounts in QuickBooks.
Full Steps For Merging Two QuickBooks Accounts
This option is extremely useful if you are using two accounts (similar). You can easily merge those accounts in a single account. But remember that, this is an irreversible process. You cannot undo it in future.
MyOnePro Also posted earlier How To Merge QuickBooks Company File in easy steps , did you checked it out .
If you want to merge accounts, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open QuickBooks in your computer system.
- Click on “Gear” icon which is present on the top.
- Go to “Charts of Accounts”.
- Go to “Action” column and click on “Edit” option the account that you wish to keep.
- Now, Copy “Name” and make a note for “Detail Type”.
- Also, look for a “Sub-account” and check whether it is marked or not.
- If it is marched, then check the kind of account that it is associated with.
- Now, Click on “Cancel” option then return to “Charts of Accounts”.
- Now go back to account and select the name you are not willing to use it and select “Edit” option in “Action” column.
- Paste it in “Name” section and ensure that the details you have mentioned in “Detail Type” sections match correctly before merging.
- If you have any sub-accounts linked to account then check for a parent account whether they are same or not.
- If there is only one sub-account, then you can make it parent account by de-selecting it.
- Select “Save” option.
- Click on “Yes” option to give confirmation for merging those two accounts.
There are certain accounts whose “Type” can’t be changed, or they can’t be merged with other accounts. As those accounts are required by your system, you cannot delete or merge them with others. Here is an example of “asset account (Uncategorized)”. If you are using Online Banking and you are trying to change its “Type” to a different type of account, then you will receive following error message QuickBooks:
“Try to correct the errors: You can’t change this type of account because it is reserved for Online Banking features.”
Merging of accounts is not possible for the accounts mentioned below:
- Opening Balance Equity
- Retained Earnings
- Undeposited Funds
- Uncategorized Income
- Uncategorized Expense
- Default Service Tax accounts
- Default GST/VAT accounts
- Default PAYG/PAYE accounts
- Default CST accounts
- Default Service Income account
- Default tax accounts created at the time of opening of Custom Tax Agency.
- TDS Payable
- TDS Receivable
Finally You Need Help From QB Experts For Accounting Merging Issues ?
The steps mentioned above are recommended by Intuit to merge two accounts in QuickBooks. If you have any query or you want more information regarding QuickBooks software, then you should get in touch with MyOnePro team for QuickBooks Support . They are QuickBooks consultant who provides assistance to thousands of QB users worldwide. As they are available round the clock, you can call them anytime at their customer support toll-free number +1-800-301-4813 . You can also visit their website and request for QB Online Chat Support. This way you can get in touch with our customer support instantly and resolve all your issues.