Where Is QuickBooks POS Data File Location?
QuickBooks POS system is one of the most useful software applications that help organizations to monitor and perform various activities as and when required. The functions that are conducted by the software, however, are completely dependent on the company data file located in the system.
But there are instances when you’re unable to find out where is QuickBooks POS data file location. This leads to a major issue while operating on your QuickBooks POS system.
QuickBooks USA Support team of MyOnePro can be contacted in case you need to understand the exact repercussion of losing your company data file location.
Why User Can’t Locate Data File Location QB POS ?
The cause of the loss of the company data file with .QBW extension is yet unknown but it is believed that a damaged or corrupt file could be the reason. In case need more information dial QB Point of Sale Support Number . However, whatever the reason may be the loss of the file location neither allows users to open it nor lets them import it to another QuickBooks version or other location.
To know more about the details on the causes, symptoms, and impact of the error on your QuickBooks system, it is recommended to contact MyOnePro experts who are well-equipped with all possible knowledge related to handling QuickBooks queries and errors.
User first have to find out QuickBooks File Extension with their purpose to explore data file .
Find Default File Location of QuickBooks Point of Sale
To search for the data file, you can follow the below-mentioned instructions:
- Select Start
- Go to Control Panel
- Click Appearance and Personalization
- Go to Folder Options
- Choose View tab
- Select Advanced settings
- Click Show hidden files, folders and drives
- Click You will be able to view all the hidden files on the PC
- Go to Start
- Select Computer
- On the C:\ icon, double-click
- Click Usersfolder
- Double-click Public
- Choose Documents
- Go to Intuit Double-click it
- Select QuickBooks folder
- Double-click Company Files
- Search for the file with .QBW extension. You will get only one file with that extension
- Right-click the company file
- Now select the sub-menu options as per your requirements
- Note down the directory path in case you need it in the future
- Repeat Stage 1
- Choose the Advanced Settings
- Don’t forget to click Don’t show hidden files, folders, and drivesthere
- Click OKto bring the required changes
Either double-click the QB icon on the desktop or else
- Click Start
- Choose All Programs
- Select QuickBooksfolder
- Double-click the icon
- Double-click the required file
- Press and hold CTRLkey and then press 1
- It launches the Product Information window
- Browse to File Informationsection
- This will give you the directory path for the .QBW file
- Note down the path
- Close QuickBooks
Resolve QuickBooks Pos Database Path Issues & Errors
In case you’re performing Windows Search to find the location, you can follow the similar steps as For C:\drive. It will surely help you locate the file you want to work on. For more details, however, you can contact QuickBooks Support Number for experts and know the steps for resolution of the error. It is advisable for you to let the representatives know the version of Windows you’re using. Also, we can help to Recover QuickBooks Deleted files in case you accidentally loss POS company file.
For advanced QuickBooks queries, you can call our MyOnePro QuickBooks Chat or on QuickBooks helpline number +1-800-301-4813.