QBX File To QBW File Conversion
How To Convert Convert QBX File To QBW File
There may be various reasons why you would want to convert a QBX file into a QBW file. One important reason could be that a client has sent you a file with the .qbx extension and you are now unable to either open the file or access it. Another reason for you to want this conversion could be that due to some accidental error, your critical QuickBooks Company File is Damaged, and even worse, there is no backup for the same except for the regular .qba or company .qbx file. Either way, you will need to make the conversion. QBW extension. In this post, we are going to discuss how the QBX file into a QBW file conversion process works. If you want to know about all QuickBooks File Extension List and type of QuickBooks Backup File Extension check full description by team of MyOnePro.
What is a QuickBooks QBX File?
A QBX file is a QuickBooks company file accountant transfer copy. You can’t modify the format of a company file while adding journal notes. In case the client sends a QBX formatted file, you need to convert it to a Company file (QBW) or Accountant’s copy file(QBA) to use. You can convert the file saved in the active version of QuickBooks/the year prior. Learn more about QuickBooks Accountant Copy create, share in easy way.
What is a QuickBooks QBW File?
QBW file in QuickBooks is known as a financial data file generated by the QuickBooks finance management system. During the data file condense process, QuickBooks will generate an individual QBW file named Archive copy XX/XX/200X followed by QBW file name. This file is an original copy of the company file prior to the condensing process. Moreover, the file is useful to find the information related to the removed data during the condense process. The condensed process forcefully prompts a message to create a backup of the file(QBB).
QBX File To QBW File Conversion Process Step By Step
- Open your accountant’s copy which will show the.QBX extension and create a backup before making the conversion.
- Go to the File menu. Choose “Send Company File” and then select “Accountant’s Copy”.
- Choose “Convert Accountant’s Copy to Company File/QBW”.
- Now, press “OK” to confirm that you want to go ahead with the conversion.
- Next, open the folder you want to save . QBW file in, and rename the file. Choose “Save”.
- Finally, once the conversion is over, press “OK” to confirm.
Keep in mind that once you have converted your .qbx file into a .qbw file, you have to re-enter any changes you made to the original company file after creating the accountant’s copy. Additionally, you can no longer import an accountant’s changes (.QBY).
Issues and Error Converting QBX To QBW
One of the most common issues or QuickBooks Error that you encounter while trying to convert a .QBX file to .QBW file is an error message stating “The filename you entered is too long or is not a valid filename.”
This happens because a company file name cannot have more than 28 characters in its file name. Additionally, the full path of the file cannot have more than 128 characters.
To fix this, you have to:
- Reduce the length of the computer file name to less than 28 characters.
- Copy the file to another location like your Desktop or C:\ drive.
You should copy the file to your desktop or C:\ drive also if it is on an external USB drive.
Converting a QBX file into a QBW file is extremely important if you wish to access the file or make alterations. And, to do that, you have to follow the steps as discussed in the post. However, if you are unable to make the conversion due to an error message or any other problems, you must not avoid it and get in touch with our expert team of support professionals right away. You can contact QuickBooks Support team either via phone call or via email.
Frequently Asked Questions [FAQ] :Open QBX file In QuickBooks
Is it necessary to know the difference between a .QBX file and a .QBW file before opening a .QBX file in QuickBooks ?
How to create a .QBX (accountant’s copy) file ?
- Choose File >> Send Company File.
- Choose Accountant’s Copy >> Client Activities >> Save File
- Choose a dividing date.
- Click Next.
- (Optional) Change the suggested location for the file and the filename that QuickBooks suggests for the Accountant’s Copy. The file must have a .qbx extension. You need to choose the desired location of where you will save the Accountant’s Copy.
- Click Save.
- Give the Accountant’s Copy transfer file (.qbx) to your accountant and continue to work.
Get in touch QuickBooks USA Support team for more details.
What steps should be followed to convert a .QBX file to .QBW in the QuickBooks Premier version ?
How to create a backup of your QuickBooks file ?
- Open the QuickBooks
- Click on the File menu
- Choose Switch to Single-user mode option
- Hit on the File menu again
- Select Backup Company button
- Click on the Create Local Backup option
- In the Window, choose the Local Backup button and click on the Next button
- Click on Browse the “local Backup Only Section Window”
- Hit the File option again and click on the Backup Company option
- Choose “Create Local Backup button “
- Click the Browse option where you need to save the backup company file
- Now set the backup number you need to keep
- This will run a test to ensure the backup file
- once you are prepared hit on OK
- Click on the Save it now button
- Hit OK