QuickBooks Error 6123
Error Code -6123, 0 QuickBooks Desktop
When Opening a company file into QuickBooks desktop or while downloading the upgrade process, there might occur errors. QuickBooks Error 6123,0 is an backup-restore error that interrupts the backup restore and access of the company file in a multi-user environment. It happens due to several reasons; in the below article, we will discuss the troubleshooting direction to tackle QuickBooks error message -6123,0.
What Is QuickBooks Error 6123?
The QuickBooks error 6123 usually happens while restoring, opening, and upgrading the QuickBooks company file. The higher chance of this error is when the multi-access mode is enabled. It stated like” “connection to the QuickBooks company file has been lost “or QuickBooks error-6123,0. When this error message display on the screen, it blocks the restore process of company files from the hard disk. You need to fix the error to restoring a backup and establishing a smooth connection with the multi-network server. Let’s explore the reasons for the error code 6123 in QuickBooks and QuickBooks Company File Won’t Access in the proceeding section.
Get the details of cases with solutions when and why QuickBooks POS Backup Failed and what the user can do?
When Error 6123 QuickBooks Has Occurred ?
What are significant causes for the QuickBooks 6123,0?
Walk-through the below-given major reasons behind the QuickBooks 6123, 0 errors:
- Damaged QuickBooks data files or program files
- Block web bugs filter feature is enabled in the security software
- Firewalls blocking the port, which is necessary for communication of the company file
- Corrupted Windows OS
- QuickBooks database service of the multiple versions is active
- The QuickBooks company file in the hosting computer might be changed with enabled hosting
How To Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6123,0?
Here is the list of effective resolutions to get rid of the error code 6123,0 in QuickBooks while accessing the company file:
Method 1-User QuickBooks File Doctor:
- First of all, you need to download the QB file doctor utility from the trustable website.
- Start the installation by following instructions and use the QuickBooks file doctor tool.
- Select the option which says Check file damage only and then click the Diagnose File button
- Enter the Admin password and then select the OK tab
- After this, you need to click the Open file button in the newer version or select the repair file button in the existing version
- Now you need to follow the remaining instructions that appear on the screen
- Once you are done with all the instruction, then restart the system once
Method 2- Start Renaming .ND(Network data file) with.TLG file:
- Initially, open the folder with the company file
- Select the .ND related file in the company file
- The proceeding step is to open rename option by giving a right-click on the company file.
- After this, you need to rename.ND file to .ND.old
- Also, select the.TLG file and give a right-click on it to rename.TLG file
- Give a name to.TLG file as.TLG.OLD
Method 3- QuickBooks application re-installation:
Before proceeding with re-installing the QuickBooks make sure you have the product and license key handy with you. Follow the steps:
- Firstly uninstall the active QuickBooks from the Control Panel
- After that, download the desired variant that you need to use on the system
- Start installation in normal mode
- Write Product ID and license number into the fields
- Once you filled in the credentials of the QuickBooks desktop
- At last open the company file
Check out Reinstall QuickBooks with Clean Install Tool step by step process and instruction by MyOnePro team.
Method 4- Make a new windows user:
Follow the steps if the Windows user login is damaged. Here are the steps:
- Open the Control Panel Window
- Choose to Create new user choice button in the user icon
- Select the Administrator for the user type
- Logout from the existing files
- Restart the system and log in using new user credentials
- After this, start moving company file to the desktop
- At last, open your QuickBooks and try to open the company file
Method 5- Adjust Folder permissions:
- Locate the folder with the QuickBooks desktop company file on the host system
- It should permit control to the users with QuickBooks Database Server Manager user.
Method 6- Download and install QuickBooks Quick fix utility:
- The user requires downloading the QuickBooks tool hub
- After this, save the file in an accessible location
- Open the file download
- You need to follow the on-screen instructions that appear on the license agreement.
- The user then needs to double click on the windows desktop icon to open the tool hub
- Choose program problems in the QuickBooks tool hub
- Choose the quick fix my program
- It might take some time to run
- If the user with multiple versions of QuickBooks might take few minutes
Method 7- Restore Company file:
- The user requires moving the backup file to the local drive
- Now start restoring the company file
6123,0 Error While Restore QuickBooks From Backup
How to tackle QuickBooks error 6123,0 while restoring a backup .qbb on a new computer?
To fix this, you need to create a portable company file. Walkthrough the below steps to do this:
- Firstly, open your QuickBooks desktop on the system where you need to create a backup.
- Open original company file.
- After that, the user requires making the company file a portable copy
- Now open QuickBooks desktop on the new computer
- At last, the user requires restoring the company file with a portable copy in place of backup.
Technical Support For 6123 Error Troubleshooting
Hopefully, the above troubleshooting methods resolved the QuickBooks error 6123. If the problem persists, then you can take the advice from the QuickBooks expertise. You can connect the team through three mediums. Over the QuickBooks Support Phone Number , via live chat or an email address! Choose the suitable one and send the queries. The team will provide you practical advice to rectify all your doubts timely without keeping you wait.
FAQs: -6123,0 Error QB Pro,Premier , Enterprise , Payroll
How can I disable the security programs to fix the QuickBooks error code 6123,0 ?
- Click on the security program icon at the bottom right side of the desktop
- Choose Change Settings
- Click on Real-time scanning listed in the menu button
- Hit Turn off option in the status window, which says Real-Time Scanning
- Provide the specification regarding resuming the Real-Time scanning
- Click on the drop-down button to choose when I restart my PC
- Hit turn off the tab to confirm the selection
You can also check why QuickBooks Email Blocked By Antivirus and how can fix issue .
Can damage Auto data recovery function be the reason for QuickBooks error code 6123,0 ?
Can changing company file location fix the QuickBooks error 6123 ?
What should need to consider before proceeding with the QB error code 6123,0 fix ?
- Ensure that you have deleted special characters from the file name.
- Check the characters of the company file is up to 30.