What is QuickBooks Error -6177, 0
QuickBooks software, manufactured by Intuit, was incepted with the aim of providing businesses all over the globe with smooth handling of the financial area. With the birth of this software business owners can take their businesses to new heights as there is less chances of mistake in the financial department and moreover, the owner can cut down on cost as most of the accounting work is done via software only. QuickBooks is created using high quality of technology along with intuitive design that attracts both novice and experienced computer users.
Despite having such high popularity, you might end up having issues in using the software which are all categorized and identified using specific error codes. One such issue is QuickBooks Error -6177, 0 which you face when you are trying to access Company file. It happens when file is located on server computer and we are trying to access this file locally.
Fix Resolve QuickBooks Error -6177, 0
QuickBooks cannot recognize path for company file.
• Try to move file on local computer and then open company file, if you are getting any error or same error while opening file then look for backup or portable company file.
• Try to update your QuickBooks on latest release.
• Try adding windows firewall ports if it is not configured as for QuickBooks users there are some of ports which needs to be open.
• Turn off hosting if it’s on client computers.
• Create new folder and try to access data file from that location, Move folder to local computer and now try to access data.
• Folder which contains company file on server computer must have full access on main computer.
• Server computer which contains QuickBooks and QuickBooks company file must have full access on folders. We need to add folder on data base server manager and need to scan folder.
After this entire process try to open QuickBooks with company file on which you were getting error message. Issue should have been resolve now.
However, if you still face issue you should contact the customer support of QuickBooks and get technical help from the customer support team. If for any chance you are facing delay in getting the required help, you can contact QuickBooks247, a support agency for QuickBooks, and get advice from their Intuit certified ProAdvisor, by calling on toll free number ☎ +1-800-301-4813