How to Fix Bank Reconciliation Issue in QuickBooks?
QuickBooks is one such feature and benefit driven software that it has yet to disappoint any of its user. The software consists of user friendly interface which combined with powerful features accords users with just perfect combination of professional mixed with user friendly. The ever responsive customer support team comprising of highly efficient and courteous group of professionals is another benefit gained by users from QuickBooks software. They deal with all sorts of QuickBooks queries in just a matter of minute and guarantee speedy resolution for the issues. Before moving ahead check whether or not QuickBooks balance sheet successfully created by you .
Quickbooks Reconciliation Troubleshooting
One common query faced by most of the customer care executives is issue in bank reconciliation with QuickBooks. They have provided one example of query followed by its solution enumerated below:
Query: A user accorded us with following information:
• Was using QuickBooks desktop version for 3 years.
• Later on bought the online version of QuickBooks and tried to convert and upgrade all the data of the previous desktop version to current one.
• Found many issues with Desktop version of QuickBooks.
• Had not performed any reconciliation activity on desktop version for 3 years as in the starting itself we found many discrepancies with the feature.
• Despite no activities, bank reconciliation showed many reconciled items, which we assumed happened due to upload of data from desktop version.
• Due to many errors created by previous employees, we are still trying to clear up the ruckus. As we have not performed bank reconciliation for many years, we are facing issues.
• We need help to clear up the mess. Please recommend a feasible solution.
How to Fix Quickbooks Reconciliation Error
The solution offered by our executive was as follows:
The user was recommended to contact their accountant for best and easy solution. However, our executive also provided a solution that the easiest and least messy resolution would be to unreconcile and start fresh. The method to unreconcile is following:
1. Open your QuickBooks software and go to Gear icon. After clicking on the icon select Chart of Accounts option.
2. Under this option click on Account Name and then select View Register.
3. Click on Customize option in the top left corner and further sort by Reconcile Status and next show Reconciled.
4. Now click on OK.
5. Highlight the option by clicking on the transaction.
6. Click on the top line of the transaction in the field between the Deposit and Payment amount option.
7. You can continually click in this field till you have reached the desired status for the transaction.
8. Now click on Save.
After unreconcile is finished, you can again start reconciliation process from fresh bank balance. Hopefully this will resolve your issue of bank reconciliation. However, if the issue still persists you can contact QuickBooks customer care support. To avoid long queue resulting in delay in finding perfect resolution you can contact QuickBooks support agencies like QuickBooks247 which offer expert help from Intuit certified ProAdvisors reachable at toll free number ☎ +1-800-301-4813