How to Update QuickBooks Data File?
QuickBooks is one such unique software that came as answer to all accounting problems faced by business owners all over the world. Its interface is designed in such a way that even users who are not very familiar with computers can easily use the software. With updates at regular intervals, Intuit ensures that your QuickBooks software gives you maximum benefit as possible.
With updates, however, you need to update or convert your company data file from older version of QuickBooks to the newer version. For this you need to follow certain instructions which are enumerated below.
Convert or Update Quickbooks Company File
Before updating the company files there are points that should be kept in mind:
• You must be the admin user to update the company file.
• Ensure you are not updating the file over a network.
• Updated file will not open on the previous versions.
• Files used with Enterprise edition of QuickBooks can only be used with QuickBooks Enterprise software.
After installation of the newer version of QuickBooks, you should open the company file in this version to successfully update it. The instructions are detailed below:
1. Firstly open the software you just installed.
2. Select File option.
3. Click on ‘Open or Restore Company’.
4. Choose Open a company file option and click on it. Now click on Next.
5. Browse to find your data file, select and click Open.
6. If QuickBooks displays the Move Company File window, read and follow the instructions shown there.
7. Read the information in the Update Company File for New Version window, click (check) the box to show you understand, and click Update Now.
8. Follow the instructions to back up your company file, and make a note of where you put it, in case you need to refer to it later.
9. When receive the message stating “You are about to open a company file using a newer version of QuickBooks…Do you want to continue?” click on Yes.
This should update your company file. However, if you find any issue after completing this process you should intimate the customer support of QuickBooks to resolve the problem as soon as possible. If for some reason like long queue line, being put on hold etc you face delay in getting the respective help, you could contact Quickbooks247 for getting expert help from Intuit certified ProAdvisors by calling on toll free number ☎ +1-800-301-4813