E-file Payroll Tax Without QB Payroll Subscription
Can I File Payroll Tax QuickBooks Don’t Have Payroll Service?
You can file your payroll taxes without QuickBooks payroll, but you’ll have to use other services like Intuit Online Payroll. There’s no other way to e-file using the QuickBooks application. In this article, we’ve mentioned the steps to file payroll taxes with Intuit online payroll and QB Online Payroll subscription. You can check MyOnePro complete detail about QuickBooks Tax Form user can file, submit.
W-2 Forms with Intuit Online Payroll
At the end of the year, you need to send your W-2 Forms to the IRS on time you can check further information in QuickBooks Year End dashboard . Depending on your subscription, Intuit may file the tax for you or help you to e-file it. The deadline to electronically file the W-2 form with the IRS is January 28, 2021.
Here are the Intuit and Payroll Subscriptions in which the taxes will be filed automatically:
- QuickBooks Online Payroll Core/Premium/Elite
- QuickbOoks Online Payroll Full Service
- Intuit Online Payroll Full Service
- QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Assisted
Here are the versions in which you’ll have to file the tax yourself:
- QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Enhanced/ Standard
- Intuit Online Payroll Enhanced
W-2 Forms are not available in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Basic. You cannot use this service to file your W-2 taxes.
W-3 with a Social Security Administration in QuickBooks
If you’re filing your W-2 electronically, then you won’t have to file W-3 with SSA. Filing electronically will send the W-2 to both the IRS and SSA.
To E-file your W-2 forms with Intuit online payroll enhanced, follow the steps provided below:
- Launch the Service and Sign-in.
- Go to the To Do tab, ad click on W-2 Copies A & D from the It’s time to file forms section.
- Click on Continue.
- Mention employees who engaged in any outside retirement plan in the current year.
- From the Employer Copies: Form W-2 page, click on View. The Acrobat Reader will open.
- For your records, print the Copy D after reviewing the information. Copy D is the employer’s copy and used for recording purposes.
- Click on Submit to authorize us. This authorizes Intuit to electronically file the W-2 forms with the IRS and SSA.
Once the W-2 forms are electronically filed, they need to be printed and sent to employees. Employees need to have their own copy of the W-2 forms. What you have to do when QuickBooks Payroll TAX Forms Disappear .
How To Print W-2 Forms QuickBooks
Before printing the W-2 forms, you need a copy of the W-2 paper in which the information will be filled by the Intuit payroll service. We recommend that you purchase the W-2 paper from Intuit itself to ensure compatibility, but you can always rely on third party sellers. Here are the types of paper that you’d need for printing the copies of the tax form:
- Blank 4-part perforated paper
- Blank 3-part perforated paper
Order a W-2 kit with envelopes by following the steps provided below:
- Visit QuickBooks Checks & Supplies.
- Click on Tax Products.
- Click on Blank W-2 Kits.
- Go through the rest of the instructions and pay for your purchase.
Once you’ve received your W-2 kit for printing the tax forms, you need to set preferences for the printer. Here how you can do that:
- Go to the Setup
- Click on Preferences.
- Select W-2 Form Printing.
- Select the desired option, then Click on Ok.
Now that you’ve purchased your W-2 kit and set up print preferences, you’re ready to print out the forms for your employees. Note that these forms need to be postmarked by February 1 to your employees.
- Click on Taxes & Forms
- Click on Annual Forms link under Forms.
- Choose to Print either both the employer and employee copy or only the employee copy.
- Click on View and then Print
This is the easiest way to print the W-2 forms with the Intuit Online Payroll service. However, we recommend that you write ‘Reissued Statement’ on the copy of W-2 if you’re reprinting it to provide to an employee who didn’t receive or lost the form.
e-File W-2 Forms with QuickBooks Online Payroll
Here are the subscriptions of QuickBooks Online Payroll for which you’ll have to e-file the forms yourself:
- QuickBooks Online Payroll Enhanced
- QuickBooks Online Payroll Core/Premium/Elite with auto pay and file turned off
To e-file your w-2 form with QuickBooks Online Payroll, follow the steps provided below:
- Log into your QuickBooks Online account.
- Click on Payroll, and select Overview.
- Select Show More from Tasks.
- Click on File Now from the W-2 Copies A & D section.
- Click on Annual Forms.
- Select W-2 Copies A & D.
- Click on Continue.
- Mention if employees engaged in outside retirement plans during the current fiscal year.
- Click on View from the Employer Copies:Form W-2 This will launch Acrobat Reader.
- Print out Copy D, which is the Employer’s Copy, once you’ve reviewed the entered information.
- Click on Submit to authorize us to electronically file your W-2 form with the IRS and SSA.
QuickBooks Online Payroll will file the taxes and keep track of the progress. When the filing process is complete, you’ll get a confirmation email on your registered email address. However, if you wish to check the status of your tax forms manually, then follow the steps below:
- Click on Taxes.
- Select Payroll Taxes.
- Click on Payroll forms or filings.
- Click on W-2.
How To Print W-2 In QuickBooks Online [ QBO ]
Now you need to take a print out of the employee copy of the w-2 form and postmark it to your employees before February 1. Here’s how to get started with the same:
- Purchase a Blank W-2 kit from QuickBooks Checks & Supplies Kit.
- Go to Settings and select Payroll Settings.
- Click on Preferences, then Form W-2 Printing Settings.
- Click on Ok after selecting the preferred paper type.
- Go to Taxes, and select Payroll Tax.
- Click on Annual Forms form the Forms
- Choose to print either both the employers and employees copy of the W-2 or only the employees copy of the W-2.
- Select the Filing Period and click on View. This launches the Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Review the information and click on Print.
Again, write ‘Reissued Statement’ if you’re sending the form to an employee who either didn’t receive the form in the first place or lost the form.
When Need To e-File W-3 Form When Don’t Need QuickBooks ?
Employers who choose to e-file their W-2 forms don’t need to file the W-3 form as the W-3 information is sent to the appropriate government agencies. However, if you’ve file the taxes offline, then you’ll have to file the W-3 form.
Intuit only provides the employer copy of the W-3 form, which cannot be used for official submission. However, this form can be used as a reference to fill in the official W-3 form. To view previous year taxes, you can use the Tax and Wage summary report.
How To Create, Fetch, Generate, View Payroll W3 Tax Form QuickBooks
Intuit Online Payroll Enhanced or QuickBooks Online Payroll
To view your W-3 forms, follow the steps provided below:
- Go to Taxes, and select Payroll Tax.
- Click on Annual Forms from the Forms
- Click on W-3 and select View.
- PDF of the form will appear. Click on the Print
Do you know How To Add Sales Tax in QuickBooks? , if not, then check out MyOnePro guide adding sales tax in QB.
QuickBooks Online Payroll
To view the information about the W-3 form, follow the steps provided below:
- Select Reports, then Standard.
- Click on
- Click on Payroll tax and Wage Summary.
- Enter the correct date range which includes the entire calendar year.
- Click on Run report.
Intuit Online Payroll
- Click on Reports.
- Select Tax and Wage Summary.
- Click on Run Report.
- On top of the table, click on Printer-Friendly Version.
- Click on Print, and select Printer Friendly.
- Click on Print.
File 1099 with Intuit Online Payroll
If you’ve paid any non-employees like contractors and freelancers, then you need to file the 1099-NEC form with the IRS. Electronic payments don’t need to be reported on the 1099 form, as these transactions are reported by the financial institution used for completing the transaction. Moreover QuickBooks 1099 Wizard gives you full information.
You can rely on the built-in features in Intuit Online Payroll to file your 1099 forms. Once the forms are filed, you can print and mail or directly email a copy to your contractors.
To file the 1099 form with Intuit Online Payroll, follow the steps provided below:
- Click on Taxes & Forms.
- Select 1099.
- CLick on Enter Information. Contractors to whom the payment was made in the previous year will be checkmarked automatically.
- Click on Edit to update information for any contractor. Once you’ve reviewed the information, click on Continue.
- Choose either:
- Print for Contractors
- Print for your records
1099 For Contractors QuickBooks
Note: You need to mail these forms to your contractors.
- Select any other contractors whom you’ve paid in the past year. Hit Continue.
- Enter Credit Card Click on Approve.
- Review your preferences and select Submit Final Forms.
Edit & Resubmit 1099 , 1099 Contractors Tax orm In QuickBooks
If you wish to edit any information on your 1099, then you’ll have to work directly with the IRS for the same. Once the edit has been made, a copy of the edited 1099 must be provided to the contractor.
File Form 940
Every business with employees must file the Form 940 QuickBooks with the IRS. This form is used to calculate the amount of unemployment tax that must be paid by a business. To file the form, follow the steps provided below:
- Click on Employees.
- Select Payroll tax Forms & W-2.
- Select Process Payroll Forms.
- Select Form 940, then File Form.
- Select the period for which you want to file the tax. Hit Ok.
- Click on Check for Errors to verify that the information is correct.
- Click on Submit Form.
- Click on E-File once you’ve reviewed the information.
How To Print 940 In QuickBooks
You can check the status of your form 24-48 hours after filing it with QuickBooks. You cannot file form 940 though Intuit Online Payroll, but you can do so through QuickBooks Desktop Payroll or QuickBooks Online Payroll.
To take a print out of the form, follow the steps provided below:
- Click on Taxes from the main menu.
- Select Payroll tax.
- Click on Annual Tax Forms from the Form
- Click on 940.
- Select View, then ViewPDFForm. Click on Print.
All you have to learn about Unknown Client Specific Tax Form Printing Error and its troubleshooting steps provided by the team of MyOnePro
Some users have reported errors while following through with these steps. The main reason for this may be pending dues for the 940 form. You can check the same by following the steps provided below:
- Click on taxes.
- Select Payroll Tax.
- Click on Pay Taxes under the Taxes section.
- Click on Record Payment.
- Select Record Payment.
Get the details about QuickBooks 941 Tax Form setup and efile process and how to avoid issues during tax filing.
Resolve QB Tax Form e-File Submit Errors
This will record all the payments and enable you to print out the form easily.
To know more, you can get in touch with our experts at QuickBooks Support Phone Number .