XML Import, Export, Parse Errors in QuickBooks Point of Sale
While using QuickBooks POS system, users are quite relaxed as they know the task performance will be accurate and hassle-free. But at the same time, the software is subject to the occurrence of multiple errors due to some technical problems that may arise from time to time. One of the frequent errors is the QuickBooks POS There is an error in XML Document.
The error message that you receive reads: “There is an error in XML document (0, 0).” Our MyOnePro at QuickBooks POS Help , best source of assistance when you strive to know about the QuickBooks Error and the reasons behind the occurrence.
Why QBPOS XML Error Occurred
The reasons that lead to the occurrence of the error are listed below:
- Damaged SessionData.xml file
- The entitlement client folder of the QuickBooks POS Desktop version is damaged
Though the reason could be anything, the error will lead to the POS blockage, which may need running a chkdsk for cleaning up the disk drive. However, it has been observed that the solution may help in the proper running of the computer system but it may not work in opening the QuickBooks POS. In fact, it will still lead to the same issue, thereby shutting down the system.
If you contact our MyOnePro executives on USA Support QuickBooks they will assist you with the proper process to be adopted to deal with the same.
The following code might comes on the screen
There Is An Error In Xml Document (0, 0)
There Is An Error In Xml Document (10 28)
How to Fix XML Errors QuickBooks POS
Solution 1: Renaming session data
- Go to the Searchfield of your system
- Enter msc
- Press Enter
- Right-click on the Intuit Entitlement Service cX (X denotes the highest number version available)
- Choose Stop
- Shut down the window
- Ensure Display hidden files and foldersoption is enabled. To achieve this, clear the checkbox stating Hide protected system operating files
- On the left pane, browse to C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\vX
- Change the name from xml to OLDSessionData.xml
Solution 2: Repairing QuickBooks POS for Desktop
- Ensure that your POS system is not running
- Press Windows + E. This will open the computer window for other versions while clicking on the Computer tab is enough if you have Windows 8.1 or 8
- Select Uninstall or change a program
- Choose the version of QuickBooks POS for Desktop you’re using
- Click Uninstall/Change
- Now go to the QB POS for Desktop installation wizard
- Click Next
- Choose Repair
- Select Next
- Then Repair
- Click Finish
- Close the open windows and open QuickBooks POS for Desktop
In case the above-mentioned steps do not work,have to gone trough knowledge-base or community help as well .
XML Document Error QBPOS on Windows 10,8, 7
Renaming the entitlement client folder is important to resolve the issue. However, when you’re choosing the renaming option, you must choose the right folder for a name change. Hence, you must know which is the right folder for each version to be chosen at C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v(x.x):
- Version 12.0 – V8
- Version 2013 – V8
- Version 10.0 – V6
XML Document Parsing Issue Troubleshooting QBPOS
While renaming the Entitlement folder for the QB Desktop version also, you need to make sure you’re doing it at the right place in the right manner. Also try to connect QuickBooks Support Phone Number for experts advice & help .
For further assistance on the error and the resolutions, you can connect with our MyOnePro team on QuickBooks Live Chat or dial toll free number +1-800-301-4813 .